Your PRO strategy does more than simply identify appropriate PRO measures for use in clinical trials – it can capture your product’s full value. The benefits include:
- optimising potential for regulatory and promotional claims
- helping you decide about project prioritisation, planning and budgets
- providing opportunities to promote understanding and raise awareness of a clinical area
- telling you which product features affect the acceptance of, engagement with, and effectiveness of your product –essentially, your product’s marketability
- yielding good returns of investment if product differentiation is observed
What are the risks of not having a PRO strategy? Well, the main risks are in not realising your product’s full value and not detecting benefits where they exist – either by omitting PROs altogether or using insufficiently rigorous or insensitive measures. Can you afford to do that?